Elizabeth is still just the sweetest thing ever. She loves to talk and laugh. She hasn't start to crawl or roll over, but she is beginning to show signs of wanting to get something that is far away. She is not much of a cuddler because she always wants to see what is going on. This can be anything from her brother running around to sunlight pouring into a room.
The girl loves details. She will fiddle with an earring, my wedding ring, a button, or a small fleck. She loves when her shirt has some little neat design on it. Today she was wearing a purple shirt with white flowers on it and all day she would stop playing and touch the flowers on her shirt.
She is beginning to show a little sense of self. The other day when I didn't let her feed herself, she gave me a look a me and did this little blowing thing with her nose where she blows real fast over and over out of her nose. I did it when I was little and my dad still calls me "Whipher" because of it. I am sensing that there might be a little attitude under all that sweetness. It takes one to know one is all I am saying.

Here she is soaking up the attention from Neenie and Granddaddy. I call Elizabeth "Lizzie Bitts" every once in awhile because Jeannie's (my mother-in-law who is pictured above and goes by Neenie in our house) grandmother's name was actually Lizzie Bitts. I think it is a cute little nickname.

Talking up a storm and using her hands to tell me the story. There are some little things that make Elizabeth a girl and this is one of them.

"Mom, please don't bother me. I am eating a string." (Don't worry, the string was attached to one of our little noisy pull toys.)

What is she, like 1 1/2? She doesn't like to be on her tummy, but she loves to stand up and play at this table. She doesn't walk around it of course, but I know that day is coming. By the way, on the day she wore this outfit, she spent the whole day fiddling with the brown button on the cardigan. That is my kind of girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment