Monday, October 4, 2010

Hiking

This weekend we went to the mountains. On Saturday, we enjoyed a lovely fall hike up Mt. Jefferson.
Here is Brian carrying both of the kids. JT walked for about 3 minutes and then wanted Brian to hold him, aka carry him. Fortunately for Brian JT saw an acorn or a stick and wanted to walk the rest of the way.

JT and I at the top of Mt. Jefferson. It sounds impressive, but it is only about a 20-30 minute walk and that includes stopping 7-15 times to investigate holes, ditches, the side of the mountain, an acorn, a root, and so on and so forth.


JT putting some special find in one of his side pockets. He loves these pants because they have many hiding spaces.



Hanging out on the back of the truck after the hike. JT is still inspecting the acorns in his pocket. Elizabeth semi-enjoyed the hike. She did however love sitting on the back of Brian's truck.

1 comment:

  1. Is this the hike we did when we were there? That was a lot of fun. I still remember you telling me "oh that's the tree where I threw up when I was pregnant and we did this hike." I have really come to appreciate my general lack of morning sickness since then!

    Your blog is so great, what a neat way to document all of the little and big developments in the family. I have GOT to start one, even if only 3 people read it regularly (you, mom and Ju) :)

    ReplyDelete