
Our family is getting ready to go on a trip to Colorado and so Brian and I have been brainstorming how to wrangle two kids, multiple carry-ons, and us onto an airplane. To make matters worse, on the way back I will be by myself. So I hate to say it, but I think we are going to have to get a harness for JT. May I just say, for the record, that I NEVER and I mean never in a million, bazillion years thought I would put my child into a harness. Yet here I am about to buy a harness (not the one pictured, but one a lot like it). So, it got me thinking about all the things I would never do.
1. Buy a harness.
2. Give fifteen warnings.
3. Bribe.
4. Make a face out of food so my child would eat his salad. (Why can't he just enjoy he a nice leafy green salad?)
5. Endure a tantrum in a restaurant.
6. Give my child Cheetos and fruit drinks.
7. Begin to not even hear him screeching at the table so that when other people have come to visit, I realize he is screeching and I am doing nothing about it.
8. Beg a two year old (Is there anything more ridiculous than that?)
9. Go to sleep with a messy house.
10. Serve chocolate milk.
The list could go on and on. It seems like as soon as I say, "Well, I'll never..." that week JT proves me wrong. Thanks for humbling me, little guy.
Too funny! It is surprising how quickly things change when you actually become a mommy. I used to say I would never put my child "on a leash" too but now that I have two of them I can totally understand why parents do it, especially for traveling. Hopefully it will make things easier for you :)
ReplyDelete