Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Impromtu Date Night

My date (Not taken tonight. Just a recent picture.)

Tonight I was needing a little alone time so I was going to run to my sanctuary, Super Target, and do a little retail therapy. As I got ready to leave, JT asked if he could go. Usually I would have said no, but I realized that he was probably just as stir-crazy as I was so I said sure. I told Brian to enjoy his quiet time. Ha ha.
Well, I just have to say that tonight was such a special treat. JT was a gem as we perused the aisle, talking the whole way through. As we were getting ready to leave, I decided that we would stop at the Starbucks in the store and split a treat. Of course this made JT squeal with joy.
So there we sat in the Startbucks and had the sweetest little Mommy/ Son time. JT talked about the noises he heard. (His favorite little phrase now is, "Something made a lot of noise." which is followed by Brian or me explaining what that noise is.) Then I asked him what his favorite toy was at the moment and of course he said his trash trucks. He now has every truck you can imagine and he still chooses his trash trucks. Love it! Then he proceeds to tell me that his yellow one is lost, which I didn't know. So we talked about where it might be. Next I asked him what he liked about Elizabeth and he said he likes when she says, "Dada, Mama" (which she is saying, but the sounds have no meaning). I told him that one day Elizabeth would talk a lot more and they could talk to each other. To this he replied that he wanted her to talk now. So sweet.
After we got in the car and were pulling away, JT said, "I don't want to go. Turn and go back to the parking lot." That just pulled at all my heartstrings. I told him that I loved being with him and spending time just talking and laughing. He said, "Yeah."
Life is beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY! Janelle, we just did the same thing last night! Spur of the moment I was going to run to the store, then decided to take E and we split a yummy treat at TCBY! It was so sweet. I told Andy when I got home, I think that will be our new little tradition. I hope we're eating ice cream together and chatting when he's a teenager too!

    ReplyDelete