This week has been quite arduous. The Lord has given me strength for each day so I have not found myself discouraged, but I have found myself exhausted. JT has been sick and not his chipper self since Wednesday. My all-holy schedule has been thrown off everyday, which has caused me to feel totally panicky. However, the Lord sent me a break from it all in the form of my mother-in-law coming yesterday to watch my kids in the afternoon, a husband offering to get pizza for dinner on his way home from work, and the amazing gift of Elizabeth continuing to sleep for 12 hours a night.
All this to say I meant to post this post on Tuesday night, but alas here we are. It is Friday and here is the post. All of Tuesday morning I ran around our house with my head cut off. Laundry, feeding Elizabeth, changing diapers, sweeping and mopping due to a large spill, emptying the dishwasher, loading the dishwasher, lunch, and so on and so forth. During naptime, I was busy getting other stuff done. After JT woke up, I told him to look out the window and see what was going on (knowing it was raining). This started what was to become a wonderful afternoon.
When he saw it was raining, he ran to his room and got his "snow boots" (only a child from NC would call the boots you see below snow boots) and started to put them on. He and I went outside and he splashed in the puddles and got wet. Then when Elizabeth woke up we played in JT's room, just talking and loving on Elizabeth. It was moments like these this week that gave me the encouragement I needed to find the good in each day.
Elizabeth sleeping 12 hours already at night IS a wonderful gift! I love your perspective on things...you always have been and still are so positive. Thanks for the tip on cooking meals and freezing them. I am going to start that this weekend.
ReplyDeleteI love the "or freeze in terror" option :) It reminds me of her going possum during a bath. That is too funny. Probably a smart self-preserving approach when dealing with a toddler who is much bigger and louder than oneself!
ReplyDelete