Thursday, April 29, 2010

Second Generation Couch

This picture is super special to me. There were about five other families I grew up with. Our parents were extremely close and so us kids became a very tight knit group of people. Lindsey (pictured above) and I became best friends from day one (literally). Whenever we would all get together to celebrate a birthday or something, our moms would stick us all on a couch and try really hard to get pictures of us all looking at the camera and smiling. It never worked, but it was definitely worth the try. There are a lot of pictures out there of a line of kids sitting on lovely brown and tan/ floral couches (It was the eighties.) smiling, crying, and falling over if they were too little to sit up. So when Lindsey and I were hanging out together in Colorado a few weeks ago, we, with our kiddos, once again lined up on my mom's couch. It was such a neat moment. I know it is a privilege to have a lifelong friend and I will forever cherish this picture.

3 comments:

  1. Such a great picture - a new generation of couch photos begins! Maybe some day we'll get to all be together again and line up all of our kiddos for a picture. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...somehow I fell way behind on my blogging friends the last few weeks. This is so sweet, it is so hard to believe that we are now the "grown-up" generation with a bevvy of little kids around! :) You are right, it is an unusual blessing to have known a best friend from day one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the "secret word" I had to type to post that last comment was "noragog". What are the chances that I would be assigned a random word to type that has my child's name in it??? Just had to share.

    ReplyDelete