Tuesday, June 28, 2011

To My Sweet Sister

 After being inspired by this post, I thought I would write a sweet little note to my sister and my kids.  From the minute I saw my sister in the bed with my mom at the hospital (It is my first memory.), I have had a fierce deep love for her.  I am a mother bear when it comes to her.  I want only the good and best for her. She and I are very different.  She loves all things straight and I love things to swirl and wind.  She is steady and true and I look for change and the new.  However, as we have grown older we have become more and more alike.  Being mothers at the same time has meant that we now speak the same language.
My sister has taught me loyalty.  She is fiercely loyal.  I can always count on her.  Friends have come and gone.  I have moved, come back home, and left again and she has stay true to me and our friendship.  I know that my whole life I will have this one true friend, one to count on and it is beautiful. 


I also have the same dreams for my sweet little babies.  While they will always be different by being a boy and girl, I just want them to have that same sense that no matter what happens in the world, they have each other.  They will be the only ones who know what it is like to grow up with Brian and I as parents. (Bless their little sweet hearts.)  They will truly know each other and understand the other to the core.  They will hopefully with very few words ever spoken know what the other person is feeling. 
May they stand up for each other.  May they challenge each other when needed.  May they love each other unconditionally so that they can then know how to love others unconditionally.
I am blessed to have such rich relationships in my life and I praise God today for them.

3 comments:

  1. What a great post Janelle! While I don't have a sibling I have those exact hopes and dreams for my two little girls. How far apart are you and your sister?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope my girls only being 17 months apart are as close as you and Julie are. They are just starting to interact and I love watching/listening to them play together. :)

    ReplyDelete