I love rain. It speaks to my soul. I don't know if it is because my grandma, Tutu, loved the rain and I heard that over and over again and so those words became true for me, but whatever the reason when it rains I feel at peace and deeply reflective. Yesterday it rained the whole day. After naps, we went outside on a "rain walk." At one point I was behind JT and Elizabeth and I was struck with immense gratitude for the peaceful, quiet life God has given me. Here I am walking down a Southern road with my two children jabbering away about rain. As my dad says, "Life doesn't get any better than this." As Paul to the Ephesians, "Now to Him who is able to give us immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine..."
I'm with you. Rain speaks to the soul. I love your thoughts here.
ReplyDelete