Friday, February 11, 2011

Not My Best Week

This was not a good week.  Mostly I put my best foot forward on this blog and I try hard to never talk poorly about my children and their faults, but this week I really struggled at being a calm, loving mom.  It had everything to do with me and four little molars, but mostly it was me. 
I weened Elizabeth at the end of of last week.  I weened her in two weeks because we are going to Colorado in a few weeks and I wanted her to be totally over my milk.  When I weened JT, I took a month and saw no side effects.  If we have child #3, I will be doing that again.  I was like pyscho-lady this week.  There were many points that I really did think I might start screaming.  I had to go into my bathroom and stomp my feet really hard to keep from frightening my children.  Elizabeth made this super annoying sound about 588 times on Tuesday because her gums were on fire with her molars coming in.  I tried to tell myself that she was in a lot of pain, but it did not help. Her pitiful sounds made my milk or hormones go nuts.
I am a person of principle and rules.  I have plans and I keep them.  This week that went out the window.  I try for us to eat at home as many nights as possible.  Tuesday night we were supposed to have tacos, but at about 4:00 I called Brian and asked him if we could meet for dinner because there was no way all three of us were going to make it to 6:00.  Of course Brian said yes.  At that point I amd sure he was just trying to keep me from going crazy all over him. 
On Wednesday I asked my Bible study to pray for me and by that afternoon, I was much better.  I hate making my kids run too many errands with me, but yesterday and today we ran little errands in the mornings so as to avoid my major meltdown and it worked.  Yesterday was enjoyable and today went pretty well. 
Am I super proud of my mothering skills this week?  No. Am I glad neither one of my children will remember this week?  Yes.  Did we survive? Yes.  Am I grateful my kids grant me grace and forgiveness in their little one and three year old ways?  Absolutely.
Lord willing, I will get to be a stay-at- home mother again next week and hopefully I will do a much better job...

2 comments: