Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Change


What is it when all of sudden you have three conversations about something, you go to Bible study and you hear the same message, Sunday school is about the same thing, and then the sermon is exactly about what you have been thinking about? That is the Holy Spirit. Lately I have been musing about what to do next in my life. I feel like there is this restlessness deep inside, some form of creativity just dying to get out. I felt this way as I stood on the top of my great-grandmother's lawn in north Georgia, watching the fireflies as dusk, and knowing I needed to come back to the South. A year later I moved back.

I have that same restlessness again. In our Bible study this week, we have been asked to pray for God to show us how to do something that is bigger than ourselves, something that we do not think we have the time or capability to do. At first I thought maybe finding somewhere to serve, but nothing has really come to mind. Then today when I was out on a glorious walk, I was thinking to myself how much I would like to speak God's truth to other women and right away I thought to myself, "No, Janelle. You hate speaking in front of others. What could you possibly say?" Two nights ago, Brian and I were reading Exodus and Moses was saying the same thing to God. So it hit me. Maybe this is that big thing. The big thing that can only happen because God will open all the doors, just like He did when I moved here.

I really cannot say where to go from here or if this is even what God is actually saying, but I am going to keep on listening and perhaps God will shape this little stirring into something greater.

"Now to Him who is able to immeasurably more than all we could ask or imagine...To Him be the glory." Ephesians 3:20-21

1 comment: