Friday, January 28, 2011

I Love Shooting!


Below describes a small moment that JT and I had last week on a semi-warm day.
JT grabbed the yellow plasticky thing you see in the picture and declared, "It is my light saber."
Love it, love where this is going already so I said, "Your light saber?" (Now keep in mind that JT has only seen one light saber and it was over Christmas at my friend Lindsey's house in Colorado.)
"Yeah, my light saber. It shoots things." And before I could even react to that, JT is running all over the front yard shouting, "Shoot, shoot," over and over and then he said, "I LOVE SHOOTING!!" with total and complete joy.
The anti-gun mother in me was DYING!! I do not like guns, I hate violent video games, and you are never going to be able to convince me that any American should have the right to own an AK-47. However, I also know to overreact to what JT is saying would then make whatever he is playing seem rebellious and he would then do it a lot, just to get a rise out of me. So, ever so calmly, I said, "What are you shooting?'
JT said, quite victoriously, "I am shooting light into the darkness."
Well, then carry on, my little evangelist, carry on.

2 comments:

  1. Both Brian and I laughed out loud; Brian said, "that is priceless!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he is shooting light into darkness, "shoot shoot!". How funny!

    ReplyDelete