
This conversation happened before we went out to CO, but I just have to write it down so I don't forget it (although I am not sure I ever will).
JT: "Mom, what's that?" pointing to my wedding ring
Me: "Oh that is the ring Daddy gave me when he asked me to marry him. He got down on one knee and said, 'Mommy, will you marry me?' and I said 'Yes.'"
JT: "When I get taller I am going to get married."
Me: "Oh, JT that will be wonderful."
JT: "Daddy will go with me to buy that (meaning the ring)."
Me: "Oh, Daddy would love to do that with you and some girl will be so lucky to marry you."
JT: "Where it?" (meaning where is the girl?)
Me: "We don't know yet. God hasn't told us yet who you are going to marry."
The "Where it?" conversation went on for a few more minutes because JT loves to know where things are. Then I asked him if he wanted to pray for his wife, so we did, which was very sweet.
Me: "JT, who would you like to marry?"
JT: "The construction girl."
Me: "The construction girl?"
JT: "Yeah, the construction girl."
Me: After thinking for a moment, "You mean Wendy (from Bob the Builder)?"
JT: "Yeah."
All I can say is this was an awesome mom moment and I cannot wait to see who JT actually ends up marrying.
I love the conversations you two have. So sweet!
ReplyDelete