I thought I would just write down a few things JT is doing and saying because before I know it he will be onto something new.
1. Words- JT is saying a ton of new words. He basically commentates on everything he is doing. Here are some of the cute things he says:
*Beep up= back up as in "I beep up my trash truck to the wall." or "Daddy beep up his truck."
*The many words for the differents kinds of trucks. Trash chruck= trash truck, dumpa= dump truck, fire truck siren sound= fire truck, gas chru= gas tanker truck, simichru= semi-truck, towchruck= tow truck, mentchruck= cement mixer
*Ds for Gs and Ts for Cs as in dolf is golf, dod is God or dog depending the situation, tut is cut, tat is cat, dolf tourse is golf course.
2. Singing "Home on the Range". JT loves the "force song" aka the horse song aka "Home on the Range". He loves to sing "Home on the Range" (only decipherable to his parents) during prayer, at the dinner table, while driving in the car, while playing outside, and so on and so forth.
3. Flat tires. Due to a recent flat tire situation, all of JT's cars and trucks end up getting flat tires and needed one of his tow trucks to come to the rescue.
4. Imaginative play. Just recently he has started to become different people or animals. His favorite people to portray is a construction worker, a cowboy, or a firemn. His favorite animals to be is a dog or a snake.
5. Praying for boom-boom and snow. Before every meal we ask JT what he would like to pray for. For the past 4 months he has said boom-boom (thunder) and snow. So we have prayed for thunder and snow every meal for four months. Jim Cantore of the Weather Channel would be so proud.
6. Too tall. Too sick. If something is too hard for JT to do, he says he is too sick or too tall. For example, "Please carry your dump truck back into the garage." "It too tall." "JT, let's change into your clothes for the day." "I too sick."
He sure keeps us on our toes, but he sure bring joy to our lives.
I love the last 2 especially - praying for thunder and snow and "too tall/sick". That is so, so funny. Nora prays every night for Uncle Rick, Kona (Lindgren's cat) and Brownie (the name she made up for the horse that used to live next to the Lindgren's). It is so funny and sweet to hear their prayers. This blog is such a great idea for keeping memories. Maybe I should try it....
ReplyDelete