Thursday, May 6, 2010

Date Night

My little construction worker (taken last month)
Tonight was such a special night for me. JT and I went on our first Mom and Son date night. Our Chick-Fil-A had a Mom and Son Dinner and JT and I went. I just loved it. I don't think I could have had a more special treat for Mother's Day. Our time together was just so sweet.
I sure love this boy and spending time with him. He has taught me so many things and shaped me into who I am today. Not only I have I learned all of the different types of tractors, dump trucks, and fire trucks, but I have also learned patience, selflessness, and how to enjoy simple things by being his mom. I have learned how to put someone else before me. I now have compassion for parents all around the world who just want the best for their children. Mostly though I have learned what perhaps the fiercest love here on Earth can feel like.
The love I hold for both Elizabeth and JT is like nothing I have ever felt. It is intense, almost a desperate feeling. I would go to the ends of the Earth to protect and provide for these two. When I was little my parents would say that God loved me more than they did. Usually they would add that they couldn't really imagine that level of love. Now I know what they mean. I cannot imagine a love greater than the one I have for JT and Elizabeth. (Obviously I love Brian a ton, but it is just different.) Having JT and Elizabeth has made me feel all the more ingratiated towards God. I now know that when the Bible says, "He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world" it means that my God fights for me the way I fight for JT and Elizabeth. Unbelievable.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - I completely resonate with what you have said, J. Thanks for writing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fierce desperate love... perfectly put. Amazing that God could love them more. They do shape us too don't they?

    ReplyDelete