Thursday, January 7, 2010

Signs I Need to Have this Baby because I Have Lost My Mind

1. Right after my friend Ginny texted me from her CELL phone to say that she had had her baby, (Big time congrats on that sweet little thing!) I called her HOME phone to congratulate her. Her father-in-law answered and I asked if Ginny was there. He told me she had just had her baby and I told him that I knew and I just wanted to say congratulations. Then we proceeded to have a very wierd conversation where he was probably thinking what an idiot I am and I was thinking, "Why does Ginny's father-in-law have Ginny's cell phone?" AHHH!
2. Brian and I got new alarm clocks for Christmas. (I know, not the most romantic of presents but believe me we needed them.) Brian was nervous that the new alarm would not wake him up. I told him that I would probably hear the alarm (as I am no longer sleeping) so not to worry. Then I asked him if I did hear the alarm if he wanted me to wake him up. He said, "No Janelle, I'll just sleep in till 10 and miss work." Needless to say, he heard the alarm.
3. Last Thursday night Brian came home early and we jumped in the car to head off to a New Year's Eve Party. As we were pulling out of the driveway, Brian asked if I had gotten the mail. I apparently told him (although I have no memory of this) that we had gotten a ton of mail that day. So off we went to the party. When we got home that night Brian asked where all the mail was and I told him (not at all remembering the earlier conversation), "Oh honey, I didn't get the mail today. Sorry." He just looked at me in total bewiderment and then admitted that I was sort of driving him crazy.
4. There are more stories like these but I have forgotten them.

2 comments:

  1. This is hysterical --I especially like the thought of you and Mike having an akward conversation. It really sounds like something that I'd do...on a normal day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you have a good excuse! :)

    ReplyDelete