This post is shamelessly copied/ inspired from my high school friend Andrea's blog. As I read her blog about what happened in the past decade of her life, I thought I just have to write down all that has happened to me as well. As I look at this list I see it as a sign of faithfulness of where God has brought me. Thanks Andrea for the inspiration!
1. The year 2000 was truly the darkest year of my life, but one without I would not have the growing faith in God that I have today. While I would have loved to go without the pain, I am thankful because the experiences I had that year changed the rest of my life for the better. Whenever I am feeling self-righteous about all I can do, I pray that God will remind me of the anguish I felt that year and WHO saved me- not myself, but Jesus and where I would be without His saving grace.2. Now on to better things, in 2001 in I graduated from college, moved back to Denver, started my dream job of teaching in the inner city, and moved into my own apartment. That year was just amazing.
3. For the next four years, I lived and taught in Denver, making new friends, hanging out with my family, traveling a little, and continuing to find myself.
4. In August of 2004, after helping clean out my great-grandmother's house in north Georgia, I stood on a hill in her yard and there were all these fireflies flying around me as the sun set. I can remember thinking, "I should live in the South again." That started a huge process (and the idea behind this blog's name) that led to...
5. Moving to Charlotte in August 2005 to start teaching here. Totally random. Totally me.
6. On November 19, 2005, Brian and I went on a semi-blind double date. I didn't know he was the ONE right away but I prayed so hard in the bathroom of the restaurant that we went to that he would ask for my phone number. He did and the rest is history. We got engaged on August 19, 2006.
7. We got married three months later on November 18, 2006. Awesome day, if I may say so myself.
8. JT was born December 20, 2007. He changed our lives forever and oh, how I love that kid.
9. As the decade came to a close, Brian and I were preparing our house for one more grand adventure- our little girl coming in a few weeks.
Looking back on this past decade all I can think of is Brian's and my Bible verse, "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to him be glory... for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20, 21
How awesome! So amazing to see God working through a whole decade in your life!
ReplyDeleteWe do have similar stories. I was wondering how you ended up back in the south. For some reason I thought you just stayed down there after college. I am glad you were inspired to reflect, just like I was. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat post! Just make me so thankful for God's hand in your life, and your willingness to let him use the hard to bring the beautiful!
ReplyDelete