Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Unbelievable



All week long as we shopped for things for JT's room, my mom and I talked to JT about how he was going to sleep in a new bed. Then on Friday, the new bed arrived. After the bed was set up, my mom, JT, and I spent a good part of the day in his room getting things ready and sorting out baby clothes. JT played on and around his bed. At naptime, he wanted to take his nap in their and I told him we would probably do that on Saturday because the sheets weren't yet on the bed. He was fine with this and went and took his nap in his crib.

Friday night we met Brian at a restaurant and when we got home I said, "JT, go show Daddy your new bed." He and Brian went "running" into the house and before my mom and I could even get in there, JT had shown him his bed and then he did the following:
1. He went and got his white noise machine, brought it in his new room, plugged it in, and turned it on.
2. Then he went and tried to get his humidifier, but couldn't so Brian took off the top part. JT took the bottom part and went and plugged it into his new room as well.
3. JT got his blanket from his crib, went and climbed into his new bed, laid down, and covered up with blanket.
So needless to say, we decided that we would try it out with him sleeping in his new room. He decided he wanted his books read to him in his new bed. Brian prayed with him and that was that. We did not hear him crying out for me until eight o'clock the next morning.
So I guess our days of JT in the crib are over. I got choked up as I listened to Brian pray. Our little boy is officially not a baby anymore.
Someday he will just have us drop him off at the door of his college dormroom and we will see him at Christmas. I guess I had that coming to me with all my up and leaving my parents that I have done.

4 comments:

  1. I have goosebumps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing guy. I can't wait to see him as a big brother, I bet he will take to that role just as naturally as he has his big boy bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -I don't think that you could have asked for a better transition on that one. Go JT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! way to go, jt! (and janelle!)

    ReplyDelete