Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Jesus in the Storm

The Lord has been really teaching me a lot lately and I have been trying to think about what to write on my blog, but what I have to write today is not an original thought. It comes from my Bible study leader, Nancy. The Lord spoke meaningful words to her and I am going to try to repeat them.
This week we studied the portion in Mark where Jesus calms the storm (Mark 4:35-39). Nancy pointed out some really great points that I had not thought about before. She said that when the storm broke out, Jesus was sleeping and not worried. When troubles seem to come our way, it can seem as if Jesus is ignoring us and indifferent to our pleas. What woke Jesus up was not the storm but the cries of the disciples. He wants to hear our cries, our acknowledgement that we we need Him. Only through humility can we see the Holy Spirit at work.
Before the storm broke out, Jesus said to His disciples, "We will go to the other side." For those of you going through trials, Jesus can already see the other side and He is taking you there.
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
"...God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5b

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this story...thanks for sharing those thoughts. Let's talk soon...it's been too long. And I have a few mini-storms to relay.

    ReplyDelete