Friday, May 8, 2009

Being a Mom


Ten things I love about being a Mom
1. Huge wet slobbery kisses that can come at any moment.
2. Going into great, deep conversations about trash cans. The kid still loves trash cans. Not many moms can say this.
3. Getting to see JT experience something for the first time.
4. When JT stops playing for a moment to hug me.
5. When I walk into his bedroom in the morning and he literally starts jumping up and down. It starts everyday off on a great note.
6. Watching JT work and work and then figure something out.
7. Crouching down behind something while playing hide-n-seek, hearing him giggle in anticipation, and then watching him peel out in laughter when he finds me.
8. Seeing the joy he finds in the simplest things.
9. The way he melts on me when he is too tired or sad.
10. Right before he takes his nap I hug him as we walk into his room and just soak up every moment. I say over and over, "I love you" and sometimes he says "Iyaoo" back. It melts my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment