Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Buffer

(Us in Miami right before we set sail to the Bahamas)

Before I met Brian I wasn't sure of what kind of guy I wanted to marry, but God sure knew who I needed to marry.  Brian is perfect for me.  Yesterday I was thinking about how heavenly my life is and so much of it is because of what Brian has done for me.

Before I met Brian I was wild.  Not necessarily wild in terms of bar hopping and so on (although unforetunately there was dinfinitely some of that), but mostly I was wild on the inside.  I just felt like I was bouncing from one thing to the next trying to prove myself.  Then when I met Brian, I felt like I had come home.  A great peace came over me.  I had more than one friend say that there was a big change in me after I started dating Brian. 

With Brian I just feel safe to really be me and find out who I am without the world getting in the way.  He acts like a buffer from the world.  I am like this little tornado spinning around and he just gives me space to figure out who I am.  He really loves exactly who I am, which is so freeing. 

My walk with the Lord has just exploded in the last five years.  Brian is very righteous and sort of without a lot sin, which can be nauseating at times because he is not even proud of being righteous, but mostly he has challeneged me to get my act together because I so admire how easy his daily life is.  There is just not a lot of struggle in his life.  A few summers ago I read the book of Psalms and realized that the Bible says over and over that those who pursue righteousness will receive peace.  Brian is a very peaceful person and to live with a peaceful person has challenged me to grow up and shed off my ugly little sins once and for all.  I am so thankful that God gave me Brian so I could forever change my walk with Him and hopefully become a better mirror of who Jesus is in my life.

If I could give advice to anyone looking for someone to marry, I would say go and find your "buffer." He doesn't need to be the quiet type, but he does need to be someone who makes you feel safe to be who you are and who you will become.

Yesterday Brian gave me a cupcake holder platter thing, which I loved. So of course I made a batch of cupcakes and of course JT enjoyed them.


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful way to describe what Brian means to you. It is true, I think you are a much different Janelle than the one who left Denver for NC the first time. I am so glad God gave you Brian and JT and Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete