
Last Sunday Elizabeth was baptized at our church. It was just so emotional for me. I had to really pull it together as we were going up to the altar. There is really nothing more in life at this point that I want than for my children to walk with the Lord. For Elizabeth, Brian and I chose Ephesians 1:17-19. "I keep asking that God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength."
I found myself getting so excited as our pastor spoke about Elizabeth loving the Lord with all her heart, soul, and mind. What will her life hold if she was able to do this? My prayers are that she will pursue rightousness, seek peace, and simply learn to love others as Christ loves them. I want her to be a mover and shaker in the church, someone who is know for her wisdom. That is a tall order for such a little lady, but I know that through Christ her abilities are limitless. God has done more than Brian and I could ask or imagine, so there is no telling what God will do for Elizabeth.

To celebrate this special day, we ate a delicious roast dinner followed by this festive little cake (made by my mom). For some reason this cake just seems full of joy and that represents how I feel when I think of Elizabeth with me in heaven. Oh, how I pray that she will choose Jesus as her Savior.
It is SO special to be able to "give" them back to God. As I am sure you know, Elizabeth (and Elise which is why we chose it for Kate) means "consecrated to God". I think that is really special, I love the idea of setting them aside in our hearts for His glory and His use. And of course, she looked adorable for her special day :)
ReplyDeleteJanelle, you are such a great mom. What HOPE you have your children. May God reveal HIS love to them in such REAL ways!
ReplyDelete