These days are just precious to me. I know I will look back on them as some of my most favorite times. BUT you wouldn't know it by the LARGE amount of complaining I do to Brian and some of my friends. I am sure Brian is thrilled to come home each day to hear about my trials and tribulations about how much laundry I did and the amount of diapers I dealt with. It can truly be ridiculous at times. This past week I have been very convicted about my speech. In my head I know that I love these days of being a mom, but if I stop and listen to myself, I sound like I have been given an unbearable cross to bear.
The truth is God called me for these few years in my life to stay at home and raise my children. He called me to do it with love and selflessness. So even though my days are spent emptying the dishwasher, having 52 conversations about trash trucks, singing "The Wheels on the Bus" six times in one hour, breastfeeding, and cleaning the bathroom, that is just where life is right now. And the truth is that should be enough because it gives me great joy to watch JT discover things and learn about how the world works. Being able each morning to get up and see Elizabeth's sweet little round face and watch her smile with such ease is just so precious.
So I am going to stop complaining. I know there will be times that I will have to vent, but I am going to try to speak with truth and grace. I am going to try to not let my words rob me of the joys that were in the day. I find that when Brian comes home and asks how my day was, I just gripe. However, then I think about how overall it was a great day and then I just hate that I kind ruined it by only saying the bad parts. I am just going to see if by coming to grips with the mundaneness of motherhood and thanking God in each situation if perhaps I can actually know that these days are precious instead of looking back and wishing I had just enjoyed them. I am going to do this for the two sweeties above, Brian, myself, our marriage, and for my God who has given me so much.
so timely. thank you.
ReplyDeleteYou're an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteGo get 'em girl! That's a prayer God would love to answer & the Spirit help with!
ReplyDeleteMarta
I love those thoughts and think any mom with young children could echo them! That being said, if you ever need to air out some gripes you know who to call! :) Haha...
ReplyDeleteLin
p.s. I'm posting anonymously because it seems to be the only way your blog will accept me...