I am always on the lookout for really great books. Here are some books that I have read in the last few months and have enjoyed. I would love your suggestions.
The friend that gave this book to me will remain nameless, but I have to say this is hands-down the best book I have ever read on what it means to be sexually pure both within and outside of marriage. What I really took away from this book is that we, as Christians, need to focus more on being disciplined and obedient in following all of God's laws so living righteously in all of life's aspects is not so hard. Highly recommend this book to EVERYONE!
Loved it, Loved it, Loved it! This book is about a man's search for his faith. I read it in a week. It is a very easy read. Highly recommend.
The author of this book is dealing with being left by her biological father, her adoptive father, and her stepfather and how that has related to her relationship with her Heavenly Father. While I, thankfully, have never dealt with any kind of abandonment issue like that, this book really made me think about being very honest about who God actually is and who I perceive Him to be because of my life experiences. The author writes very clearly and it is easy to read, but be prepared to become reflective.

Unlike the first three, this book is not a book about faith. I try to read a myriad of books and it just happen that the three previous books all came to me around the same time.
This book came highly recommended and I would have to agree. It is fiction, but based on true events. The story was compelling and sometimes really hard to read because of what the characters went through. It shed some light on the Chinese culture and overall I liked it.
Need a good Bible Study?
(I don't have pictures of these books.)
Walk this Way: A Study of the Book of Mark by the Irving Bible Church in Irving TX
I just finished this study with my Tuesday Morning Bible Study group. It a verse by verse study of Mark and pretty good.
Studies in the Sermon on the Mount by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
This is more of a commentary on the Sermon on the Mount. I am only three days into and really loving it. There about 30 (pretty short) chapters and I can tell I am going to learn a lot.
Have you read 'A Praying Life' by Paul Miller? I just finished it (we did 4 week study on it at church) and found it so refreshing, energizing, comforting, instructive...really good. Highly suggest it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the book suggestions - I love always having a list of books to read and I find that friends' suggestions are the surest bet for a book that is really worth reading! I read a different book by Lisa See in the fall -Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. It was really good too but similarly painful because of the hard things that happen to the characters.
ReplyDeleteLin
I hope JT and Elizabeth are doing great!!! I am sure it is wonderful to have your parents there now!
Sorry about the "Anonymous" posting but it seems to be the only way I can comment on your blog!
ReplyDeleteLin