
This past Saturday my Aunt Jean went home to be with the Lord. After twelve years of battling cancer, the Lord allowed her to be healed- not here on Earth, but in heaven. In the past month, while I knew this was coming, I thought of all these great things to say, great words of hope the Lord gave me. However now that I am here, mourning her loss, coming to grips with what God said was best for her life, I am at a loss of words. On Sunday, I was losing my mind. I was totally overwhelmed so I went for a drive and then stopped at a Starbucks. While I was at Starbucks I read back to myself all of these Bible verses that I have given me great comfort in within this past month. I find that no amount of great phrases or words of encouragement give me the hope like the Bible does. I plan to eventually write more about my aunt and her life, but for now I share the verses that have encouraged me, more for my comfort and reassurance than anything, but may you find peace with them as well.
"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 5:9
"God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; He does great things beyond our understanding." Job 37:5
"For God is not a God of disorder, but of peace..." 1 Corinthians 14:33
"May your unfailing love be my comfort." Psalm 119:76
"In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." Luke 15:10
"Listen, I tell you a mystery; We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed-- in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet..." 1 Corinthians 15:51, 52
"(Jesus) said to her, 'Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.' " Mark 5:34
I pasted this picture I took in Hawaii two years ago because even though there is rain pouring down in the valley, God sent a rainbow as a sign of hope. Praying peace and hope for my family.
I'm so sorry for your loss, J. It is amazing that the words of scripture ring more true and more comforting than anything else...what provision He has given.
ReplyDelete