Today Ginny and I went to a "ranch" called the Lazy 5 Ranch. It is only 30 miles from my house, but it is like you are transported to some other country. It is a ranch where llamas, emus, ostriches, goats, pigs, zebras, longhorn cattle, giraffes, donkeys, deer, tons of types of birds, and a rhino all live. (If that seemed like a random list of animals, believe me it was.) A few of them are in contained areas. Most of them are free and roaming.
There is a part where we were able to run around and see all sorts of animals. Then there was this other part where we could drive through and the animals were walking around our car. Ginny and I thought this would be a great idea. All I can say is it was one of those moments where we were laughing so hard because we did not have the coping mechanism to deal with a llama licking Ginny's window or a small deer thing jumping up on Ginny's door. We could have bought a bucket of feed and fed it to the animals, but seeing as Ginny did not want llama spit in her minivan and I do not touch animals' tongues, we did not opt for that. However, the animals assumed that we were going to feed them. It was quite funny yet somewhat overwhelming.
Of course JT and Evan loved the place. I think the next time we go back it will include our husbands who can somehow figure out a way to deal with animals that are right up in their faces.
No comments:
Post a Comment