The other day our house all of a sudden got very quiet, which usually means somebody is up to no good. So I went to find this little person and as I rounded the corner, here he was just reading to himself. Ahhh...
So I thought I would just pass on a list of books JT likes at the moment so that the next time you are at the library, you will have some ideas. (There are so many books, but so few that he really gets into.) Sorry I just put the authors of the ones I knew because the books are in his room where he is napping and let's face it when am I going have time to get the books and list the authors?
Dinosaur Roar (This is JT's favorite. He is giggling by the end.)
How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? (Super cute!)
Is Your Mama a Llama? (JT shakes his head no when I read the question. At least he knows his mama isn't a llama.)
That's Not my Truck (Usborne Book)
That's Not my Puppy (Usborne Book)
NLT Bible Flap and See
Chicka Chicka ABC (by Bill Martin Jr.)
Peek a Boo Baby
Brown Bear, Brown Bear What do you see? (and the Panda Bear and Polar Bear books by Eric Carle)
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie... (we only listen to this one on a CD because the pages are rippable)
Touch and Feel Farm Animals
Tails (by Matthew van Fleet)
Please add some of your own favorites, so the next time I am at the library I am not just standing there guessing as to what JT might like. (This is all based the presumption that eventually you will be able to comment again.)
Elliot's favorite "I Love You Through And Through" by Bernadette Rossetti. He coos and "talks" when I read it. Just saying the words makes him happy.
ReplyDelete"Goodnight Moon" is always a hit with both boys.
I forgot "I love You Through and Through." JT loves that one too. He always sticks his finger in his nose when I read, "I love your nose." Oh so sweet!
ReplyDelete