This past week in my Bible Study, we study the titles of Ministry God has. There were three: Savior, Lamb, and Servant. The part about the Lamb most intrigued me. You never think of God as a lamb, maybe a lion, but not a lamb. How could the God of all creation belittle Himself enough to become not only a man, but then to die so that all of us, miserable little self-absorbed people, could be redeemed and one day see Him face to face? He did it because He loves us. He did it because of his deep desire to see each life changed.
One of the questions we were asked to answer asked how does the title of Lamb affect your life? What response comes to your mind as you picture Jesus with this title?
I wrote "Without the Lamb I cannot enter the kingdom of God. Without Him I am stuck in the mire, forever condemned to die. My response is that I am filled with joy, awe, and humility. I feel as if I am part of something bigger and destined for this great moment were I am going to see Jesus riding in on a white horse, opening up those scrolls, and saying, 'Janelle, here is your kingdom. Welcome!' Oh how I cannot wait for that day!
It reminds me of a Chris Tomlin song, "I Will Rise." Here are the words and may be the bring hope to you today.
There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say, "It is well."
Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead
I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagle's wings
Before my God, fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise
There's a day that drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light
And the shadows disappear
And my faith shall be my eyes
Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead
And I hear the voices of many angels sing.
"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
I will rise when He is calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagle's wings
Before my God, fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise
No comments:
Post a Comment