I love Valentine's Day. Always have, always will. I just love it. Valentine's Day also marks the day my grandmother, we called her Tutu, was born. She was born on Valentine's Day and died on Christmas. Tutu was born on the day we celebrate love and died the day true love came into the world. What a great way to mark a lifetime! She loved the rain and today we woke up to rain. Maybe she was saying hello.
I took a picture of her exactly one year before she died. Her head is thrown back and she is laughing. Whenever I think of her, that is how I see her-thoroughly enjoying life. She was proudly 100% Irish so in honor of Valentine's Day and my wonderful grandmother, I changed the background of my blog. Happy Valentine's Day!
What a great post - I have fond memories of Tutu just from hearing so many great things about her from you and Ju over the years.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great visit with your parents - what a treat. I can just imagine how much fun your dad has with his grandson!!